Here are few headlines on first case of coronavirus earlier reported in Lagos, Nigeria today by the Federal Ministry of Health.
We will continue to update the list as events uncovers!
1. 28 Persons have been identified, quarantined after contact with coronavirus Patient in Ogun
This update was given by the Ogun State governor, Dapo Abiodun, who confirmed to news men that the company where the Italian had visited in Ewekoro has been shut down, while two isolation centres have been identified.
“The information we have is that the particular company in question has practically shut down and they have set up two isolation centres within the company. They have identified all those that have been in contact with this index, totalling about 28 so far and they have been quarantined.
“They are looking at interviewing these 28 people to know who they have been in contact with so that they can ensure these other people are quarantined,” he stated.
2. The Nigerian government through the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire on February 28, 2020 said it has received a treatment protocol from the Chinese government to treat persons infected with the novel coronavirus.
“They sent us a treatment protocol because they have successfully treated over 5,000 people in their country,” the minister told reporters at the Federal Ministry of Health secretariat in the nation’s capital.
3. According to the Nigerian Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, FG has approved and disbursed over N70 million to Port Health Services and N620 million to Nigeria Centre For Disease Control (NCDC) which he described as the nation’s first and second lines of defence for coronavirus.
4. Former Vice-President and PDP Presidential Candidate of the 2019 General elections, Atiku Abubakar on Friday February 28, 2020 offered his patriotic counsel to President Muhammadu Buhari to halt all flights to and from Nigeria as a means to tackling the dreaded coronavirus in the country.
Atiku was of the opinion that the President and other government bodies should borrow from the Goodluck Jonathan’s administration experience with the Wild Ebola Virus, of which Nigeria was the first nation in the world to defeat that scourge in 2014.
5. Italy-based Nigerian footballer King Paul Akpan Udoh, has become the first footballer and first Nigerian to test positive to Corona Virus less than 24-hours after Lagos State Government recorded the first victim of the deadly virus that is wrecking havoc in the world.
Udoh currently plies his trade with Pianese football club , an Italian Serie C side in the Italian League was diagnosed of the disease on February 27 , and has been quarantined.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0