Current Affairs 2020 MCQ Quiz with Answers and Notes | May 26, 2020
Reading National and International current affairs 2020 is no doubt one of the surest ways of keep yourself updated. If you are preparing for an exam, job interview or simply trying to know what is current in the news, our 2020 daily current affairs will help you do just that. We take a step further to compile on daily basis, 2020 current affairs Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with Answers to help you test your knowledge about May 2020 current affairs and ensure that you are in the-know with the latest happenings in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
1. The NCDC successfully validated the first phase of the viral Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) extraction which should enable local production of cheap testing kits for coronavirus on?
[A] February 21, 2020
[b] March 20, 2020
[C] April 13, 2020
[D] May 22, 2020
2. The first phase of the viral Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) extraction was christened?
[A] RNA Test Kit for COVID-19
[B] RNAswift Test Kit for COVID-19
[C] DNAswift Test Kit
[D] None of the above
3. The validated RNAswift Test Kit for COVID-19 was developed by?
[A] Dr Alison Nwokeoji
[B] Dr Mayowa Oluwaranti
[C] Dr Abdul Mohammed
[D] Dr Philip Wobo
4. What was the theme of Africa Day 2020?
[A] Healthy Lifestyle Prolongs Life
[B] Silencing The Guns: Creating Conducive Conditions for Africa’s Development and Intensifying the Fight against the COVID-19 Pandemic
[C] A prosperous Africa, based on inclusive growth and sustainable development
[D] Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through investments in Youth
5. How many African countries celebrate Africa day?
6. Nigeria surpassed 8,000 Coronavirus mark on?
[A] May 23, 2020
[B] May 24, 2020
[C] May 25,2020
[D] May 26, 2020
7. The World Health Organization (WHO) suspended the trial of Hydroxychloroquine for treatment of coronavirus patients on?
[A] April 26, 2020
[B] April 30, 2020
[C] May 25, 2020
[D] May 26, 2020
8. World Bank Group on May 19, 2020pledged to make available ________ in grants and financial support over a 15-month period to help developing countries fight the deadly Coronavirus?
[A] $200 billion
[B] $300 billion
[C] $160 billion
[D] $100 billion
9. Who is the new Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank Group?
[A] David Malpass
[B] Carmen Reinhart
[C] Mari Pangestu
[D] Arunma Oteh
10. World Bank on May 21, 2020 announced ________ program to help countries in Africa and the Middle East fight locusts, preserve food security and protect livelihoods?
[A] $500 million
[B] $300 million
[C] $960 million
[D] $700 million