Top Current Affairs News Headlines with Summaries — February 3, 2020
The Current Affairs Summary section of iWanSabi aims to highlight the day’s updated news. Today’s summary centres mainly on Coronavirus and measures the Nigerian government is taking to prevent and as well prepare for the worst case scenario.
1. Coronaviruses are zoonotic, which simply means they are normally transmitted between animals and people. A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain of the virus that has not been previously identified in humans. For this novel coronavirus (nCoV), both zoonotic and person- to-person transmission has been confirmed.
2. The National Center for Disease Control (NCDC)on Sunday, February 02, 2020 released an updated advisory on the novel coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV.
3. Because this is a new virus, and new information is emerging every day, the NCDC noted that the advisory will be updated as new information and research on the virus and its impact on populations become available.
4. It noted that the Nigerian Government is closely monitoring the ongoing novel coronavirus 2019 outbreak which originated in Wuhan, China.
5. According to the NCDC, the Coronavirus Preparedness Group has representatives from the following bodies:
a) Federal Ministry Of Health (FMoH),
b) Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA),
c) World Health Organization (WHO),
d) US Centers for Disease Control (US-CDC),
e) Pro-Health International (PHI),
g) Public Health England (PHE)
g) And others working with the NCDC in assessing and managing the risk of importation of the disease to Nigeria, as well as making preparations for early detection and response
Was this helpful?
0 / 0