JAMB Cut-off Mark for 2020 Admissions, JAMB 2020 Admission Date, JAMB Approved Post UTME Fees and More
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board, JAMB, on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 announced the following:
- 160 and above approved as the National Minimum cut-off marks for 2020 admissions into public universities.
- 120 and above approved as cut-off marks into Polytechnics
- 100 and above approved as cut-off marks for both Colleges of Education and Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede said decision was taken after each of the Institutions had voted and prescribed minimum cut off marks for their schools.
- No University would be allowed to admit a candidate if he or she has scored less than 160 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- The cut-off mark is not the only thing that would be taken for admission, some would conduct post UTME and other physical assessments and that will be added to it to determine the cut-off mark.
- Nobody can admit a candidate with a score less than what the institution prescribed. That is, those who voted for 210 can maintain the figure and not 209 or anything below 210.
- All those who prescribed less than 160 for universities cannot be accepted but 160 and above and the same goes for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.
- Every institution will have what it prescribed for itself except for those who prescribed lower marks and have to come up above the minimum mark.
- There would be no admissions outside the board’s Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).
JAMB 2020 Admissions Date
According to JAMB Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede:
- The JAMB 2020 admissions process would commence by August 2020.
- Due to the outbreak of coronavirus, dates for the deadline have not been fixed.
JAMB Approved Post UTME Fees
- All institutions must not charge more than N2000, including bank charges, for their post UTME.
- Waivers have been approved for foreign candidates, the deaf and blind as well as prison candidates against sitting for post UTME screening.