Lockdown Quiz: 50 Children General Knowledge Quiz Questions & Answers
Try this quiz on your children to serve as home school follow up while keeping their brains busy. Target is primary school children, aged 4 to 11, but you will be shocked grownups will find some of the questions hard to answer!
Ahead of Children’s Day coming up on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, we’ve created a lockdown quiz for children comprising of basic coronavirus knowledge questions and general knowledge questions to test them while celebrating this year’s Children’s Day at home.
For his quiz, we targeted primary school children, aged 4 to 11, but there’s a few tricky questions in the list that even the grown ups might find difficult answering!
You can read these questions out for them while they provide you with the answers. We believe this will be fun as it will keep them entertained and their brains busy as well.
Go give it a try!
Coronavirus Questions and Answers
1. What is another name for coronavirus?
2. What type of disease is coronavirus?
3. Coronavirus was first reported in _________ city of China?
4. The number ’19’ in COVID-19 stands for?
5. The first case of coronavirus in Nigeria was reported on?
6. Coronavirus is mainly passed transmitted to another person through the _______ , ________ and mouth
7. To stay safe from coronavirus, it’s always advised to wash the hands for atleast ________ seconds?
8. When and where was the first case of the coronavirus disease reported in Africa?
9. The acronym NCDC stands for?
10. Who is the present Nigeria Minster of Health?
General knowledge Questions
11. What is the 10th letter of the alphabet?
12. Between light and sound which travels faster?
13. What’s the orange bit in the middle of the egg called?
14. Who is the present Nigeria Minister of Education?
15. Which is closer to earth, the moon or the sun?
16. What is the chemical formula for water?
17. How many zeros are there in one thousand?
18. Which one of this is an example of a search engine, WhatsApp or Google?
19. How many players make up a football team?
20. Nigeria is in which part of Africa?
21. Who is the third citizen of Nigeria?
22. Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
23. How many sides does a hexagon have?
24. What is the capital of Adamawa, Enugu and Ogun States?
25. On which continent is Madagascar located?
26. Who is the fourth citizen of Nigeria?
27. What does green Colour in Nigeria flag stand for?
28. What is the name of the organ that pumps blood around the body?
29. What are the three primary colours?
30. What is the official residence of the President of Nigeria?
31. What country was due to host the Olympics in 2020?
32. What is the biggest ocean in the world?
33. What’s the highest mountain in the world?
34. In which sport was Muhammad Ali a world champion?
35. What is the name of the invisible line that runs around the middle of the Earth?
36. Of what African country was Nelson Mandela president?
37. Which planet is closest to the sun?
38. Where is the smallest bone in the human body?
39. Nigeria’s independence day is usually celebrated on?
40. How many kidneys does an average human have?
41. What’s the tallest animal in the world?
42. What’s the fastest land animal?
43. What’s the biggest animal in the ocean?
44. What do you call a group of sheep?
45. What is the name given to an animal that only eats plants?
46. How many hours are there in two days?
47. What is the coloured part of the eye that surrounds the pupil?
48. What is the smallest ocean in the world?
49. How many years are there in a millennium?
50. What instrument does a doctor use to learn if a person has a fever?