Nigeria Current Affairs 2020 & 2021: Free Past Questions & Answers [+Quiz & PDF Download]
Here are 2019, 2020 & 2021 Nigeria Current Affairs Quiz with over 1000+ frequently updated Past Questions and Answers, FREE Quiz all PDF on iWanSabi.com
Are you searching for 2021 edition of Nigeria current affairs? Are you preparing for job interviews, scholarship exams, screening or aptitude test? You are probably searching for 2021 edition of Nigeria current affairs because you know most government institutions, schools and companies etc. will likely ask you what is really current in the country.
If you are in real need of Nigeria current affairs that focuses strictly on 2021 affairs, here is where your search ends! The iWanSabi Team have carefully compiled the 2021 Edition of Nigeria Current Affairs Questions & Answers which you can freely download the PDF format on your phone for easy reading.
A lot has happened since January 1, 2021, and it’s our job to keep you updated at all time. In this 2021 edition of Nigeria current affairs, we have covered all possible current affairs questions and answers to help you prepare for any job interview or any level exams that requires the knowledge of Nigeria current affairs.
Also included in this edition are Nigeria Current Affairs 2019 & 2020. We have covered a lot for you here, so sit tight and enjoy the knowledge sharing resource!
- 1 PART 1: 2021 Nigeria Current Affairs Questions and Answers
- 2 PART 2: 2020 Coronavirus Current Affairs Questions and Answers
- 3 PART 3: 2020 General Knowledge Current Affairs Questions and Answers
- 4 Full List of Nigeria Ministers, Their Portfolios and States 2019-2023
- 5 Nigeria’s 36 States and Capitals
- 6 Current State Governors of Nigeria and their Deputies
- 7 2019-2020 Nigeria Current Affairs and Answers
- 8 Important Acronyms and their Meanings
- 9 MORE CURRENT AFFAIRS
PART 1: 2021 Nigeria Current Affairs Questions and Answers
Q. Who is the present Chief of Army Staff?
Answer: Major General Farouk Yahaya
Q. The Bill seeking to end discrimination between First Degree (BSc) graduates from universities and Higher National Diploma (HND) holders from polytechnics in Nigeria was passed by the Senate on?
Answer: June 2, 2021
Q. What is the name of the Nigerian Senator that sponsored the Bill abolishing HND/BSc dichotomy?
Answer: Senator Patrick Ayo Akinyelure
Q. Who is the new Nigerian Army Director of Public Relations?
Answer: Brigadier General Onyema Nwachukwu
1. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDC?
A. National Center for Disease Control
B. Nigeria Centre and Departmental Control
C. Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
D. None of the above
2. Coronavirus is officially codenamed as
B. COVID-19 MERS
3. The first confirmed case of coronavirus in Nigeria was announced on
A. February 25, 2020
B. February 26, 2020
C. February 27, 2020
D. February 28, 2020
4. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria is from
C. South Korea
5. The first index case of COVID-19 in Nigeria was isolated and treated at?
A. Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba
B. Ogun COVID-19 Isolation Centre
C. FCT Covid-19 Isolation Centre
D. National Hospital Abuja
6. In Nigeria, the body solely responsible for infection prevention and control is known as
A. Federal Ministry of Health
7. What is the full meaning of the acronym IDH
A. Infectious Disease Hospital
B. Internally Displaced Hospital
C. International Drug Hospital
D. Internally Displaced Homes
8. What is the name of the Director-General of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC)?
A. Dr Osagie Ehanire
B. Dr John Oladejo
C. Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
D. Dr. Yakubu Abdullahi
9. The first known and confirmed case of coronavirus in Africa was reported in
10. The second country in sub-Saharan Africa to confirm coronavirus case is
11. Who was the first person to recover from Coronavirus in Nigeria?
A. German Citizen
B. Italian Citizen
C. Nigerian Citizen
D. UK Citizen
12. The World Health Organization, WHO renamed coronavirus (2019-nCOV) to COVID-19 on
A. February 11, 2020
B. January 31, 2020
C. December 31, 2019
D. February 10, 2020
13. What is the name of Director-General of WHO and when was he appointed?
A. Dr Lee Jong-wook, appointed on 4 March 2017
B. Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
C. Dr Matshidiso Rebecca Moeti, appointed on 3 August 2017
D. Dr Albert Adhanom, appointed on 2 July 2017
14. What is the correct website of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)?
15. The coronavirus outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by WHO on
A. 31 January 2020
B. 30 January 2020
C. 11 February 2020
D. 28 February 2020
16. The first footballer and first Nigerian to test positive to coronavirus is known as
A. King Paul Akpan Udoh
B. Martins Olomu
C. Ikenna Onyebueze
D. Mohammed Sani
17. How many states in Nigeria as at March 4, 2020 have recorded suspected cases of COVID-19?
18. What is the full meaning the acronym EOC?
A. Emergency Operations Control
B. Emergency Operations Centre
C. Emergency Output Centre
D. Emergency Operations Commission
19. What is the estimated incubation period for COVID-19?
A. 1-7 days
B. 1-10 days
C. 1-14 days
D. 24 hours
20. What is the official website address of the World Health Organization (WHO)?
21. Which of the following is the correct website address of the Federal Ministry of Health?
22. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria was discharged on?
A. March 18, 2020
B. March 19, 2020
C. March 21, 2020
D. March 20, 2020
23. The first foreigner to die from the new coronavirus is?
A. 69-year-old Italian Citizen
B. 58-year-old UK Citizen
C. 60-year-old US Citizen
D. 70-year-old German Citizen
1. C – Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
2. C – COVID-19
3. C – 27 February 2020 (The Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire made the announcement in a press release on February 28, 2020)
4. B – Italy ( The Italian man flew into Lagos, Nigeria on 24th February 2020 aboard Turkish Airlines)
5. A – Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba
6. D – NCDC – Nigeria Center for Disease Control
7. A – Infectious Disease Hospital located at Yaba, Lagos State.
8. C – Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
9. C – Egypt on February 14, 2020
10. A – Senegal
11. B – Italian Citizen
12. A – February 11, 2020
13. B – Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
14. C – www.ncdc.gov.ng
15. B – 30 January 2020
16. A – King Paul Akpan Udoh
17. B – The four states according to NCDC are : Ogun, Lagos, FCT and Kano
18. B – Emergency Operations Centre
19. C – 1-14 days
12. D – www. who.int
21. C – www.health.gov.ng
22. D. March 20, 2020
23. C. 60-year-old US Citizen. She died at a hospital in the Chinese city of Wuhan – the epicentre of the outbreak on February 6, 2020.
PART 3: 2020 General Knowledge Current Affairs Questions and Answers
1. What date did the Federal Government approved new uniform for the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) to reflect its new name?
Answer: February 13, 2020
2. The bill for the establishment of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano as a degree awarding institution passed second reading on _________ in the Senate
Answer: Wednesday, 19 February 2020
3. The Bill was submitted to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari alongside the
Answer: 2020 Appropriation Bill
4. The implementation of Nigeria’s new 7.5 VAT commenced on
Answer: February 1, 2020
5. Companies Income Tax (CIT) for Companies with revenues between N25 and N100m are described by the Finance Act 2019 as
Answer: Medium-sized companies
6. According to the new Finance Act, businesses from paying VAT are those with turnover below
7. Companies Income Tax (CIT) for Companies with revenues between N25 and N100m has been reduced from
Ans: 30% to 20%
8. With the new Act, the N50 Stamp duty charge is now applicable only to transactions amounting to
Answer: N10,000 and above
9. The new Act includes a provision that grants to all companies “engaged in agricultural production” in Nigeria
Answer: An initial tax-free period of 5 years renewable for an additional 3 years
10. The acceptable form of correspondence for persons disputing assessments by Tax Authorities in the New Act now includes
Answer: Electronic mail
11. The outbreak of coronavirus was first reported on December, 2019 in
Answer: The city of Wuhan, China
12. Coronavirus is officially code named by the WHO as
13. The first African to be recently elected into the prestigious Council of the World Journalism Education Congress, WJEC, for a period of three years is
Answer: Prof Ralph Akinfeleye
14. The Finance Bill 2019, was signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari on ______
Answer: January 13, 2020
15. On February 11, 2020 Nigeria and of the African countries signed a pact on visa waiver for diplomatic and official passport holders. What country was that?
16. What was the theme of the Greeners Business-to-Business Annual National Economic Dialogue 2020 held in Abuja on February 15, 2020?
Answer: “Positioning Nigeria’s Creative Industry as Growth Engine of Africa Continental Trade Agreement (AFCTA)”
17. Deposits into savings accounts that is up to N10,000 are not exempted from the payment of N50 stamp duty under the Finance Act of 2020. True or False?
18. Name the very first African business organization to be inducted into the influential Global Executive Council (GEC) of the Project Management Institute, PMI.
Answer: Dangote Group
19. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDMB?
Answer: Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
20. The first African country to report a confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19 is
21. The FG recently approved the establishment of Federal Colleges of Education in 6 States of the federation. Mention these 6 states
Answer: Bauchi, Benue, Ebonyi, Pain, Sokoto and Edo States.
22. S.H.i.F.T is an acronym for
Answer: Simple, High-Impact, interactive, Focused, Transformational.
23. The Constitution Review Committee to tackle issues with the 1999 Constitution was set up by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan on
Answer: February 6, 2020
24. Debt Management Office (DMO) on February 24, 2020 announced ________ as thew new Stockbrokers to the Federal Government
Answer: CSL Stockbrokers Limited, a subsidiary of FCMB Group Plc
25. What is the FCTA approved time for checking of vehicle papers in the city of Abuja?
Answer: 5am to 10am
26. Who is the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)?
Answer: Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
27. Who is the eighth President of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) and the first Nigerian in the post?
Answer: Akinwumi Adesina
28. The African Union Executive Council comprises ______________ of foreign affairs representing the member states of the African Union
Answer: 55 ministers
29. President Buhari swore-in the National Assembly Service Commission Members on
Answer: Wednesday 26 February 2020
30. The power to probe Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies was conferred to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on
Feb 27, 2020
31. President Muhammadu Buhari approved the composition of an 11-member Monitoring Committee for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) on
Wednesday 26 February 2020
32. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDC?
Answer: Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
33. The first confirmed case of coronavirus in Nigeria was announced on
Answer: February 27, 2020
34. Who is the current chief of justices of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
35. Who is the new Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)?
Answer: Bashir Jamoh
36. What is the name of the new Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF)?
Answer: Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan
37. President Muhammadu Buhari swore in Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan as the substantive Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF) on
Answer: Wednesday March 4, 2020
38. Who is the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission (NUC)?
Answer: Professor Abubakar Rasheed
39. In Nigeria, the body solely responsible for infection prevention and control is known as
Answer: Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
40. What is the name of Director-General of WHO and when was he appointed?
Answer: Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
41. The coronavirus outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by WHO on
Answer: 30 January 2020
42. Who is the current Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning?
Answer: Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed (born 16 June 1960)
43. Who is the Accountant General of the Federation?
Answer: Ahmed Idris
44. Who is the current Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele
45. The new Executive Chairman of the FIRS is
Answer: Mr. Muhammad Nami appointed December 9, 2019
46. Who is Nigeria’s Minister of Education?
Answer: Adamu Adamu from Bauchi State
47. What is the name of the Auditor General of the Federation?
Answer: Mr. Anthony Ayine, appointed on Jan 12, 2017.
48. Who is the current National Security Adviser of Nigeria?
Answer: Major General Mohammed Babagana Monguno (rtd) appointed on July 13, 2015
49. What is the name of the current President of the United Nations General Assembly for the 74th session of the UN General Assembly?
Answer: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
50. What does the acronym ECOMOG means?
Answer: Economic Community Monitoring Group
51. Charcoal anthrax disease was first reported in?
Answer: Niger Republic on September 23
52. Who is the present Chairperson of the African Union (AU)?
Answer: Moussa Faki Mahamat
53. A bill that applies to the whole population and is intended to promote the general welfare is called
Answer: An Appropriation bill
54. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria is from
55. Who is the present Minister of Health?
Answer: Dr Osagie Ehanire
56. The first known and confirmed case of coronavirus in Africa was reported in
57. The first footballer and first Nigerian to test positive to coronavirus is known as
Answer: King Paul Akpan Udoh
58. Who is the new Director-General of National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)?
Answer: Dr Gambo Gumel Aliyu
59. Who is the substantive Director-General and Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT?
Answer: Dr Bayero Salih-Farah
60. What is the name of the Nigerian female appointed by the President of South Africa, as member of the country’s Economic Advisory Council?
Answer: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala appointed on March 7, 2020
61. What was the total number of registered voters of the 2019 General Elections in Nigeria?
62. How many people contested for the 2019 Presidential Election?
63. Who was the oldest candidate of the 2019 Presidential Election?
Answer: President Muhammadu Buhari
64. Who was the oldest running mate at age 76 in the 2019 Presidential Election?
Answer: Nwankwo Agwuncha of People’s Trust (PT)
65. What is the motto of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)?
Answer: Making your votes count, consolidating our democracy
66. What is the full meaning of the acronym PHEIC?
Answer: Public Health Emergency of International Concern
67. Who is the world’s oldest living man?
Answer: Chitetsu Watanabe, a 112-year-old resident of central Japan. Guinness World Records on February 12, 2020 certified Watanabe the oldest living male after the previous holder, Masazo Nonaka, of the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, died on January 20, 2019, at the age of 113.
68. The new act of the Nigeria Prisons Service (NIS) now Correctional Service was signed into law on
Answer: July 31, 2019.
Full List of Nigeria Ministers, Their Portfolios and States 2019-2023President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 inaugurated 43 ministers into the Federal Executive Council (FEC) for his second term administration.
The president presided over the inauguration ceremony that took place at the State House, Abuja. President for the second time reappointed himself as the Petroleum Minister.
|1.||Dr. Ikechukwu Ogah||Minister of State Mines and Steel||Abia State|
|2.||Muhammad Musa Bello||Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT)||Adamawa State|
|3.||Godswill Akpabio||Minister of Niger Delta||Akwa Ibom State|
|4.||Chris Ngige||Minister Labour and Employment||Anambra State|
|5.||Sharon Ikeazor||Minister of State, Environment||Anambra State|
|6.||Adamu Adamu||Minister of Education||Bauchi State|
|7.||Mariam Katagum||Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment||Bauchi State|
|8.||Timipre Sylva||Minister of State for Petroleum||Bayelsa State|
|9.||George Akume||Minister of Special Duties||Benue State|
|10.||Mustapha Baba Shehuri||Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development||Borno State|
|11.||Goddy Jedy Agba||Minister of State, Power||Cross River State|
|12.||Festus Keyamo||Minister of State, for Niger Delta||Delta State|
|13.||Ogbonnaya Onu||Minister of Science and Technology||Ebonyi State|
|14.||Osagie Ehanire||Minister of Health||Edo State|
|15.||Clement Ike||Minister of State for Budget||Edo State|
|16.||Richard Adeniyi Adebayo||Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment||Ekiti State|
|17.||Geoffrey Onyeama||Minister of Foreign Affairs||Enugu State|
|18.||Ali Isa Pantami||Minister of Communication||Gombe State|
|19.||Emeka Nwajiuba||Minister of State for Education||Imo State|
|20.||Suleiman Adamu||Minister of Water Resources||Jigawa State|
|21.||Zainab Ahmed||Minister of Finance||Kaduna State|
|22.||Muhammad Mahmood||Minister of Environment||Kaduna State|
|23.||Sabo Nanono||Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development||Kano State|
|24.||Bashir Salihi Magashi||Minister of Defence||Kano State|
|25.||Hadi Sirika||Minister of Aviation||Katsina State|
|26.||Abubakar Malami||Minister of Justice/Attorney General of the Federation||Kebbi State|
|27.||Ramatu Tijjani||Minister of State, Federal Capital Territory (FCT)||Kogi State|
|28.||Lai Mohammed||Minister of Information and Culture||Kwara State|
|29.||Gbemisola Saraki||Minister of State, Transportation||Kwara State|
|30.||Babatunde Fashola||Minister of Works and Housing||Lagos State|
|31.||Adeleke Mamora||Minister of State for Health||Lagos State|
|32.||Mohammed H. Abdullahi||Minister of State, Science and Technology||Nasarawa State|
|33.||Zubair Dada||Minister of State, Foreign Affairs||Niger State|
|34.||Olamilekan Adegbite||Minister of Mines and Steel Development||Ogun State|
|35.||Tayo Alasoadura||Minister of State, Labour and Employment||Ondo State|
|36.||Rauf Aregbesola||Minister of Interior||Osun State|
|37.||Sunday Dare||Minister of Youth and Sports||Oyo State|
|38.||Paulen Tallen||Minister of Women Affairs||Plateau State|
|39.||Rotimi Amaechi||Minister of Transportation||Rivers State|
|40.||Maigari Dingyadi||Minister of Police Affairs||Sokoto State|
|41.||Sale Mamman||Minister of Power||Taraba State|
|42.||Abubakar D. Aliyu||Minister of State, Works and Housing||Yobe State|
|43.||Sadiya Umar Faruk||Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management||Zamfara State|
|44.||Muhammadu Buhari||Minister of Petroleum Resources||Katsina|
Nigeria’s 36 States and Capitals
Current State Governors of Nigeria and their Deputies
|STATE||CURRENT GOVERNOR||DEPUTY GOVERNOR||PARTY||TOOK OFFICE||TERM END|
|Abia State||Okezie Ikpeazu||Ude Oko Chukwu||PDP||2019||2023|
|Adamawa State||Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri||Crowther Seth||PDP||2019||2023|
|Akwa Ibom State||Udom Gabriel Emmanuel||Moses Ekpo||PDP||2019||2023|
|Anambra State||Willie Obiano||Dr. Nkem Okeke||APGA||2018||2022|
|Bauchi State||Bala Muhammed||Baba Tela||PDP||2019||2023|
|Bayelsa State||Duoye Diri||Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo||PDP||2020||2024|
|Benue State||Samuel Ortom||Benson Abounu||PDP||2019||2023|
|Borno State||BabaGana Umara||Umar Usman Kadafur||APC||2019||2023|
|Cross River State||Benedict Ayade||Ivara Esu||PDP||2019||2023|
|Delta State||Ifeanyi Okowa||Kingsley Otuaro||PDP||2019||2023|
|Ebonyi State||Dave Umahi||Eric Kelechi Igwe||PDP||2019||2023|
|Edo State||Godwin Obaseki||Philip Shaibu||APC||2016||2020|
|Ekiti State||Kayode Fayemi||Bisi Egbeyemi||APC||2018||2022|
|Enugu State||Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi||Cecilia Ezeilo||PDP||2019||2023|
|Gombe State||Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya||Manasseh Daniel Jatau||APC||2019||2023|
|Imo State||Hope Uzodinma||Placid Njoku||APC||2020||2024|
|Jigawa State||Badaru Abubakar||Umar Alhaji Namadi||APC||2019||2023|
|Kaduna State||Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai||Hadiza Sabuwa Balarabe||APC||2019||2023|
|Kano State||Abdullahi Umar Ganduje||Hafiz Abubakar||APC||2019||2023|
|Katsina State||Aminu Bello Masari||Mannir Yakubu||APC||2019||2023|
|Kebbi State||Abubakar Atiku Bagudu||Samaila Yombe Dabai||APC||2019||2023|
|Kogi State||Yahaya Bello||Edward Onoja||APC||2020||2024|
|Kwara State||AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq||Kayode Alibi||APC||2019||2023|
|Lagos State||Babajide Sanwo-Olu||Femi Hamzat||APC||2019||2023|
|Nasarawa State||Abdullahi Sule||Emmanuel Agbadu Akabe||APC||2019||2023|
|Niger State||Abubakar Sani Bello||Ahmed Muhammad Ketso||APC||2019||2023|
|Ogun State||Dapo Abiodun||Salako-Oyedele Noimot Olurotimi||APC||2019||2023|
|Ondo State||Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu||Agboola Ajayi||APC||2017||2021|
|Osun State||Adegboyega Oyetola||Gboyega Alabi||APC||2018||2022|
|Oyo State||Oluwaseyi Makinde||Engr. Rauf Aderemi Olaniyan||PDP||2019||2023|
|Plateau State||Simon Lalong||Sonni Gwanle Tyoden||APC||2019||2023|
|Rivers State||Ezenwo Nyesom Wike||Ipalibo Banigo||PDP||2019||2023|
|Sokoto State||Aminu Waziri Tambuwal||Alhaji Mannir Dan’Iya||PDP||2019||2023|
|Taraba State||Arch. Darius Ishaku||Haruna Manu||PDP||2019||2023|
|Yobe State||Mai Mala Buni||Idi Barade Gubana||APC||2019||2023|
|Zamfara State||Bello Matawalle||Mahdi Aliyu Gusau||PDP||2019||2023|
Current FCT (Abuja) Minister: Ramatu Tijani, Party: APC, Took Office: 2019 till present
2019-2020 Nigeria Current Affairs and Answers
Question 1: Who is Nigeria’s current president?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
Question 2: The president is elected in national elections which take place every
Answer: Four (4) years
Question 3: The current president, Muhammadu Buhari, took over office on
Answer: May 29, 2015
Question 4: Who is the 15th president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Answer: Muhammadu Buhari
Question 5: The offices, powers, and titles of the head of state and the head of government were officially merged into the office of the presidency under the?
Answer: 1979 Constitution of Nigeria
Question 6: Who is the current Vice President of Nigeria?
Answer: Prof. Yemi Osinbajo [Sworn in on May 29, 2015]
Question 7: Who is the current Senate President of Nigeria?
Answer: Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan [11 June 2019 – Present]
Question 8: What number in citizen hierarchy is the Senate President in nigeria?
Answer: Three (3)
Question 9: Who is the current Speaker of the House of Representatives?
Answer: Femi Gbajabiamila [11 June 2019 – Present]
Question 10: Who is the current Chief Justice of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad [24 July 2019 – Present]
Question 11: Who is the current Secretary to the Government Of The Federation
Answer: Boss Mustapha [30 October 2017 – Present]
Question 12: Who is the current Accountant-General of the Federation?
Answer: Ahmed Idris [June 25, 2015 – Present]
Question 13: Who is the current Auditor General of the Federation in Nigeria?
Answer: Anthony Ayine [12 January 2017 – Present]
Question 14: Who is the current Head of the Civil Service of the federation?
Answer: Folashade Mejabi Yemi-Esan [4 March 2020 – Present]
Question 15: Who is the current National Security Adviser in Nigeria?
Answer: Babagana Monguno [July 13, 2015 – Present]
Question 16: Who is the current Chief of Staff of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Gambari [May 13, 2020 – Present]
The Chief of Staff to the President is the senior operational member of the Office of the President of Nigeria. The Chief of Staff is the principal channel of communication between the president and the government.
Question 17: Who is the present CBN Governor?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele [June 4, 2014 – Present]
Question 18. Nigeria’s Democracy Day is now celebrated on?
Answer: June 12 [Until June 6, 2018, it was held annually on May 29]
Question 19: Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Senate president?
Answer: Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege [11 June 2019 – Present]
Question 20: Who is the current Nigerian Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives?
Answer: Ahmed Idris Wase [11 June 2019 – Present]
Question 21: Who is the first female and first African to be elected DG of WTO?
Answer: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala [Her victory was announced by WTO on Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Important Acronyms and their Meanings
- AACB: Association of African Central Banks
- ABS : Analytical Balance Sheet
- ACGSF: Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme Fund
- ACSS: Agricultural Credit Support Scheme
- ADF: African Development Fund
- ADPs: Agricultural Development Programmes
- AES: African Econometrics Society
- AFC: Africa Finance Corporation
- AfDB: African Development Bank
- AIPs: Approvals-In-Principle
- AMCP: African Monetary Cooperation Programme
- AML/CFT: Anti-Money Laundering/Combating Financing Terrorism
- APRM: Africa Peer Review Mechanism
- ATM: Automated Teller Machines
- AU: African Union
- AUC: Africa Union Commission
- BAs: Bankers’ Acceptances
- BDCs: Bureaux de Change
- BOI: Bank of Industry
- BWIs: Bretton Woods Institutions
- CAC: Corporate Affairs Commission
- CAMA: Companies and Allied Matters Act
- CAMEL: Capital Adequacy, Asset Quality, Management, Earning and Liquidity
- CAR: Capital Adequacy Ratio
- CBN Central Bank of Nigeria
- CBP: Capacity Building Programme
- CBs: Community Banks
- CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access
- CEPR: Centre for Economic Policy Research
- CG: Credit to Government
- CIC: Currency in Circulation
- CIFTS: Central Bank Inter-bank Funds Transfer System
- CIS: Commonwealth of Independent States
- CIT: Companies Income Tax
- COB: Currency Outside Bank
- COBEC: Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- COPAL: Cocoa Producers’ Alliance
- CPS: Credit to the Private Sector
- CPI: Consumer Price Index
- CPs: Commercial Papers
- CRMS: Credit Risk Management System
- CRR: Cash Reserve Requirement
- CSAR: Country Self Assessment Report
- CSCS: Central Securities Clearing System
- CSOs: Civil Society Organisations
- DFIs: Development Finance Institutions
- DHs: Discount Houses
- DLF: Direct Lending Facilities
- DMBs: Deposit Money Banks
- DMO: Debt Management Office