It’s Monday morning once again, as a tradition, iWanSabi has compiled some important Current Affairs on major issues like Coronavirus (COVID-19), current news, important events in National current news that took place over the weekend and of course some Top Current Affairs of Today February 17, 2020.
They are free for your consumption! So let’s kick off:
1. What is the theme of the Greeners Business-to-Business Annual National Economic Dialogue 2020 held in Abuja on February 15, 2020?
Answer: “Positioning Nigeria’s Creative Industry as Growth Engine of Africa Continental Trade Agreement (AFCTA)”
Brief Note: At the economic dialogue session, the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed announced that the Federal Government through Bank of Industry (BoI) has approved facility of about 7 billion naira under its creative industry group.
2. Deposits into savings accounts that is up to N10,000 are not exempted from the payment of N50 stamp duty under the Finance Act of 2020. True or False?
3. Name the very first African business organization to be inducted into the influential Global Executive Council (GEC) of the Project Management Institute, PMI.
Answer: Dangote Group
Brief Note: The council made this known in a statement it released on February 15, 2020. PMI is one of the world’s largest not-for-profit membership associations for the project management profession with over 500,000 members and over 1,500,000 certification holders. They have led the work of project management advocacy for over 50 years PMI works closely with several multinational companies. The statement further stated. According to the statement, the induction Dangote Group into the PMI Council is a demonstration of the confidence that Dangote Industries Limited is a value-adding company.
4. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDMB?
Answer: Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
5. The first African country to report a confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19 is
Brief Note: Africa recorded its first case of coronavirus (COVID-19) on February 14, 2020 when a foreigner who had been put in isolation at a hospital in Egypt tested positive for the virus.
Officially known as COVID-19, the virus has so far killed almost 1,400 people and infected nearly 65,000 others globally. The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned the virus poses a “grave threat” to the world.
Recommended: 31 Things To Know About Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
6. Mention the 3 parts of Nigeria where laboratory test centers for coronavirus COVID-19 are situated
Answer: Lagos, Abuja and Irrua in Edo State.
7. The first African to be recently elected into the prestigious Council of the World Journalism Education Congress, WJEC, for a period of three years is
Answer: Prof Ralph Akinfeleye
8. The new act of the Nigeria Prisons Service (NIS) now Correctional Service was signed into law on
Answer: July 31, 2019.
9. According to WHO, it could take _______ months for the first vaccine for coronavirus to be ready?
10. The de-registration of 74 political parties by INEC, Nigeria now has ______ registered political parties.