Top Current Affairs Today’s News Headlines — May 28, 2020
Nigeria COVID-19 Update for May 27, 2020
- As of 27 May 2020, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) reported 389 news cases, 2501 recoveries and 254 deaths. The total number of cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria is now 8733.
Africa COVID-19 Update for May 27, 2020
- As of 27 May 2020, 54 African Union Member States through the Africa CDC reported 119,745 cases, 3,594 deaths, and 49,194 recoveries.
- The Federal Government on Thursday, May 28, 2020 approved the dissolution of the Governing Councils of the University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State and the Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, in Bayelsa State.
Nigeria Police Force and Community Policing
- President Muhammadu Buhari approves the reorganization of the Force Criminal Investigations Department by separating the Force Intelligence Bureau out of it and making it a department of its own with a Deputy Inspector General of Police as the head.
- Buhari also approved the creation of five new zonal commands of the Nigeria Police Force, thereby increasing the Commands to 17 across the country.